Tuesday, January 13, 2009

2009 - a great new year for charities!?

Happy new year. And I mean it, no doom and gloom here.

I am excited and looking forward to it. A decent break over Christmas and New Year was not tempered by my return to work and reading lots of bad news - I think it is going to force change that is needed and can only be good for the communities we serve.

Surely 2009 is going to be a revolutionary year for the charity sector? The whole economic disaster will force better practice, smart strategy and clear, measurable tactics.

There is simply not enough room for complacency or whim. Charities will need to be tough, hold their staff accountable - even 'rich' and 'safe' organisations with big endowments are having to take a good look at themselves.

And the sector must prevail - tough economic times mean we are needed more than ever, so let us make this a turning point for the sector.

I will keep this blog going since even whilst I was away there were a few posts up and hundreds of visits. Thanks for reading, and please send me information and details about how you are changing your charity (unless you were perfect of course!).

Thanks

Sean

All the best for 2009.

2 comments:

Kimberley MacKenzie said...

Welcome Back!

Of course this blog must keep going. Staying on top of the market will be key.

Couldn't agree with you more Sean. Even if my little shop is absolutely "perfect". HA
k

Gavin Heaton said...

Looking forward to hearing some of the results ;)